Skip to main content

Mission Impossible? ~ Kidney Update

I have not found balance in my daily routine.

This may be something for me when all of the kids have moved out, and my daily duties are more at a minimum.

I have been crocheting a car wash cloth for 3 weeks - messed it up twice, taking it out twice.  Sigh....




The list for things needing done continues to grow:
~finish chicken tractor
~rebuild chicken coop
~repair mower
~finish cleaning out the wood barn 
~split wood for next season (so far behind on this)
~put up new goat fencing and build new stalls
~hoe and weed the garden
~weed out the herb gardens
~clean out the fridge
~clean out the garage
....and that doesn't including harvesting the garden and stocking up.....sigh.....

This is the stress I'm trying to eliminate.   


Kidney donation update:

Hubby was cleared by the doctor for donating a kidney.  Evidently, the sugar test the hospital uses is not a very good test, and he's been cleared as not being diabetic.  

However, now the doctor is telling him that he has bad cholesterol problems and needs medication (and that he could have a heart attack any day).  This news just made hubby exercise even more.....I'll have no problem getting my weight off now.  His levels have dropped tremendously from his numbers 3 years ago (just by eating right and exercising). 

Needless to say, we went on a 6 mile bike ride.  The doctor told him that he'd have to start running marathons to combat this "problem" without medication.  He also told hubby that at his age, he couldn't do it (run a marathon).  That just motivated hubby even more. 

Comments

healthy lifestyle is good anytime. Read up on it. It can be reversed. But one must stick to the plan and from experience.......its not easy! Medication is not an issue, but will be a lifetime commitment as well.Once on, that's it!

Happy biking!

Sorry to hear about the market. I had hoped this was good for you. I am beining that verture as well, but for next year when I have more products. I also have farm produce.
Unknown said…
There's more time with kids gone, for sure!
EMMA said…
I bet your husband can and will do a marathon!!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart