Skip to main content

Draw Backs Living in the Country ~ Litter




In my state, "Littering is a serious offense, punishable by fines of up to $500 and 60 days in jail." (source: http://ohiodnr.com/tabid/18283/default.aspx)

These photos are just from last night's drivers.  There have been entire food boxes, cheese wrappers, birth control pill containers with their names on it, and more.  Even beer bottles thrown so far, they've almost landed on my front porch.

It wouldn't be so funny to these people, if we set up a camera and had them fined.   One person has done this already (according to our newspaper).  I think more needs to be done in regards to those to litter.  This is just one draw back living in the country - irresponsible people think your yard is their trash can.

 





Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
So sad...when I lived in the country I would walk every day and always carry a bag and pick up as I went. The camera's a good idea! LOL!
Yart said…
Unfortunately, in the suburbs we have the same problem. I am constantly picking up others trash. The worst part is cleaning up other peoples animal mess in my front yard. That always so much fun.
Unknown said…
Trust me, they do it in the city too :( I pick up all kinds of crap in our front yard border/sidewalk...
Candy C. said…
We live on a dead-end road so we don't get any "drive by" litterers BUT the stinkin' neighbor is very irresponsible about picking up things in her yard and most of it ends up here!! Grrrr...
I just don't get it. (sigh)
Carolyn said…
What really, REALLY gets me is that so many smokers just toss their butts out the window....as if it weren't trash. One day I'm going to get the nerve up when I see somebody toss it out their window, go pick it up and toss it back in on them!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart