Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, August 5, 2011

Blueberry Update

12 full pints of my first canned blueberry jelly. 
We snacked on some of the blueberries, and froze the last 16 cups from the first 10 lb. box.
 
 
I never flash freeze my blueberries.  I wash them, drain them, and dry them before freezing.  It's worked well for me.

After that I headed out to weed out the spaghetti squash and the pumpkin.  When I came in, I completely forgot to put my chickens in the roaster.  So............back out to the garden I went, despite getting attacked by an army of mosquitoes, dug up carrots and potatoes (I already had a few onions dug up), and set it all to roast.  It won't be done until late, but it will make a nice lunch tomorrow.  


1 comment:

Candy C. said...

Oh man, I HATE it when I forget to start the food (like pinto beans)!

Your blueberry jelly looks yummy! :)