Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Birthday ~ Random Tidbits ~ Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

It's gorgeous out this morning!  We will have a white Christmas this year.

I got my homemade "lysol" wipes restocked.  



They are made with 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol, a teaspoon of dawn liquid soap, and what ever essential oil I feel like adding.  There are recipes all over the internet to make these. I add 10-12 drops tea tree oil.  Be sure to use a thick paper towel to make these.  

Our youngest turns 16 today.  Boy do the years fly by.  She was the toughest labor, smallest baby (only one to weigh under 10 pounds), and the quickest recovery.  Went to the hospital on the 22nd, had her on the 23rd, and was home on the 24th.  Best Christmas ever.  

The blueberries have been simmered in wine, the cookies are all made, as well as the candies (more than I anticipated).  I need to boil my sweet potatoes today for another pie, and also bake sweet potato fries (to reheat in the oven tomorrow).

The scarf orders are all complete.  I am down to working on making my one daughter her Harry Potter scarf.  I've had compliments on my own "HD" scarf while I've been out and about too.  



The dogs have scarves now too.   King is sporting the red one and Zuri the princess pink.  I just need to make one for my grand pup Mia.  


I'll be taking a short break from blogging (oh what will I do with my time?), as we are getting very busy around here - birthday, Christmas our 19th wedding anniversary (going on 20 years) and then New Year's Eve.  See ya' when we slow down a bit.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


2 comments:

Rain said...

The dogs look so wonderful! Congratulations on your anniversary Kristina! I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Merry Christmas!!! :)

Sam I Am...... said...

I have to go back and catch up with you anyway! The best of Christmas and the New Year to you and your family! I wish all of us bloggers could get together wouldn't that be a fun party! Happy Birthday to your daughter, Happy Anniversary to you 2 lovebirds and I hope you get to put your feet up and relax! LOL! See you in 2018! My camera is broke so there goes my blogging with pictures.