Skip to main content

More Cookies Please ~ Random Thoughts

I am on a roll this Christmas.  What cookie was chosen next?

Well, it was random.  Everything is random today.



Whiskey Caramel Cookies.  The dough is made with my homemade yogurt (recipe calls for "greek" yogurt).  No eggs.  It's a "Taste of Home" recipe if you are interested.

I have become intrigued with reading vintage cookbooks lately.  I don't know why, but some times I find a hidden gem inside, and continue to read them.

King has become obsessed with socks.  He doesn't eat them, he just picks them up and takes them to other places.  He did this to my daughter's friends while they slept over recently (ha ha ha!).

What is something you enjoyed getting as a gift, but never asked for? The first thing I thought of - books and jewelry.  I love surprises, and winter is the best time to read a book around this homestead. Or summer camping trips, or porch time. . .

I never find an open jar of peanut butter here.  Why?  Because I only buy organic, and no one likes to stir it when it's first opened. Ha ha!  We used to have a peanut butter stirrer from the general store, but it broke and was never replaced.

Well, I was right when I said it would plummet, but now they are saying the teens and snow.  We may get snow for Christmas - yay!

Hubby and I looked at the weather forecast to plan another good wood cutting day.  Why oh why can I not get that man to cut wood all summer and have it done already?  I do not know.   I need to figure out a way to motivate that man.  

Our "Grad" daughter, now with two jobs, is ex-haus-ted!  She is over worked and constantly complaining how tired she is.  I keep reminding her she'll be getting a nice fat paycheck.

Our "Vet Tech" daughter came out for a visit and brought our grand pup.  She raided the Christmas cookie stash and he (dog) was treated with a cooked egg.  

I've been taking a tablespoon of my four thieves vinegar, on any day I have a teensy bit sore throat, drainage, or runny nose.  It's working I tell ya'!  So far, I'm the only one brave enough to take it. It's not that bad. It tasted like garlic vinegar.

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Those cookies certainly look tasty, I intend to have a baking day tomorrow.
Sam I Am...... said…
I have yet to bake.....tomorrow 12/24 will be it! LOL! Those cookies look mighty tasty!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart