Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, December 21, 2017

More Cookies Please ~ Random Thoughts

I am on a roll this Christmas.  What cookie was chosen next?

Well, it was random.  Everything is random today.



Whiskey Caramel Cookies.  The dough is made with my homemade yogurt (recipe calls for "greek" yogurt).  No eggs.  It's a "Taste of Home" recipe if you are interested.

I have become intrigued with reading vintage cookbooks lately.  I don't know why, but some times I find a hidden gem inside, and continue to read them.

King has become obsessed with socks.  He doesn't eat them, he just picks them up and takes them to other places.  He did this to my daughter's friends while they slept over recently (ha ha ha!).

What is something you enjoyed getting as a gift, but never asked for? The first thing I thought of - books and jewelry.  I love surprises, and winter is the best time to read a book around this homestead. Or summer camping trips, or porch time. . .

I never find an open jar of peanut butter here.  Why?  Because I only buy organic, and no one likes to stir it when it's first opened. Ha ha!  We used to have a peanut butter stirrer from the general store, but it broke and was never replaced.

Well, I was right when I said it would plummet, but now they are saying the teens and snow.  We may get snow for Christmas - yay!

Hubby and I looked at the weather forecast to plan another good wood cutting day.  Why oh why can I not get that man to cut wood all summer and have it done already?  I do not know.   I need to figure out a way to motivate that man.  

Our "Grad" daughter, now with two jobs, is ex-haus-ted!  She is over worked and constantly complaining how tired she is.  I keep reminding her she'll be getting a nice fat paycheck.

Our "Vet Tech" daughter came out for a visit and brought our grand pup.  She raided the Christmas cookie stash and he (dog) was treated with a cooked egg.  

I've been taking a tablespoon of my four thieves vinegar, on any day I have a teensy bit sore throat, drainage, or runny nose.  It's working I tell ya'!  So far, I'm the only one brave enough to take it. It's not that bad. It tasted like garlic vinegar.

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Those cookies certainly look tasty, I intend to have a baking day tomorrow.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile

Sam I Am...... said...

I have yet to bake.....tomorrow 12/24 will be it! LOL! Those cookies look mighty tasty!