Skip to main content

Fascinating Tidbits ~ Garlic Butter

I threw in "Fascinating" for extra thrill today, ha ha!  It's not really that interesting.


Gladys were all pulled for winter.  The bulbs have grown bigger over the years, and have outgrown their box.  They won't survive the winter here outside.


....still gutting that last garden.  My other chores like to interrupt that job.  The barn job of course will continue after tonight is over with.



I made garlic butter for grilling sandwiches, and for making garlic bread.  The kids have been adding herbs to their grilled sandwiches lately.

Here is what I put in mine:

Garlic Butter
1 cup butter, organic, softened
1 tsp. minced garlic (I used 2 small cloves)
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (I used homemade)
1/2 tsp. homemade Italian seasoning (see below)
black pepper 
salt
dash of paprika, organic

Mix all ingredients together until smooth.  Keep refrigerated. 

I'm not sure how long this will last technically, because we used ours up pretty fast.  It's the season of soups and sandwiches.  I bet this would taste good on a baked potato or mashed potatoes too.

Homemade Italian Seasoning:
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoons salt


I store mine in a recycled jar, but any jar that is airtight will work.  Herb gardens are so useful, so if you haven't grown one yet, you should.  Everything in my Italian seasoning is grown ourselves, aside from salt and black pepper.

Today is a day of paperwork. The meeting/hearing is tonight.  Say an extra prayer, send us good thoughts, wishes, and positive vibes (please and thank you).  

Comments

Kim said…
The garlic butter looks divine. I also add herbs to our grilled cheese. Hubs calls them gourmet grilled cheese. I just call them good! I am praying and hoping that all goes as planned tonight and that the mudder does not have somebody in small town America in his back pocket. That is the only way I see possible for this to go the wrong way.
Mama Pea said…
Wow, I'll bet that garlic butter makes an excellent grilled sandwich! It really is becoming the season for sandwiches and soups. We just had Mexican Beer Chowder for lunch and it was good.

Sending big bunches of prayers, good thoughts, best wishes and positive energy (and anything else I can think of!) to you for the meeting tonight. Fingers crossed, too!
RB said…
Sending mighty prayers the commissioners send the nuisance neighbor mudder packing. Remember to mention ALL your livestock which are being frightened by their actions, not just the goats you may get in the Spring. K
God bless.
RB
<><
Faith said…
love me some garlic. I have planted a few bulbs with some success in years past. Earl our Squirrel gets to all the bulbs eventually. But we are garlic lovers none the less. I have been looking around for homemade italian seasoning, thank you for sharing the recipe.
Faith, that is interesting that squirrels eat your garlic. Ours do not bother it. We also have a black walnut tree and several around the property edges as well, so they are well fed, lol.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart