Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, October 17, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday

 



Another successful donation drop weekend. Four boxes of stuff were all donated to a Habitat Re-Store.  In the process of emptying a plastic storage container, I cleaned it up and am now using it for yarn.

Whew!  The only thing?  I started filling up another box.  I found a few things in the garage we don't use or need.

I've been doing great on using what I have in the house for meals, before going to the store to re-stock.  Now that it's just us two, and an occasional kid, I don't really need to stock up as much as I used to.

I'm taking advantage of the online digital coupons for regular stuff, and I realize I do not stock up enough for things like coffee, toilet paper and fresh veggies/fruit.  I will be now.



Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

The Weather . . .

46°F/37°, rain and possible snow in some areas, raining right now


As I look outside my window . . .

I looks like a winter sky.


Right now I am . . .

Getting ready to start a load of laundry.


Thinking and Pondering . . .

Why is it so hard to get rid of things for free?  I'm not even asking anyone anymore.  The boxes continue to fill.  It actually feels good to get rid of stuff in the process of the living room project.  


How I am feeling . . .

Honestly, between the weather changing and my husband's work schedule, sort of on the depressing side.  I may be baking a sweet treat today.  Oh, work asked him to keep this temporary position for a year.  I told him to tell them "Wifey says nope!"


On the breakfast plate . . .

Breakfast scramble/burrito, coffee


On the lunch plate . . .

Leftovers


On the dinner plate . . .

A chicken/gnocchi soup


What I am wearing . . .

Thick sweatshirt, sweatpants....it's cold today.


On my reading pile . . .



On the TV . . .

Movies - Elvis, The Reef


On the menu . . .

-Crockpot potatoes/ham/peas, homemade bread
-Crockpot chicken/gnocchi soup
-leftovers

Looking around the house  . . .
I am gaining on the living room, but my husband ran out of time to find people to move things this past weekend.  We finally (and in due time) got the AC unit upstairs out.

On the to-do list . . .
-make a breakfast scramble
-laundry
-clean off kitchen island
-run cleaner thru dishwasher
-clean out part of the freezer
-sanitize washing machine
-empty dishwasher and wash breakfast dishes
-make out another honey to-do list
-work on a crochet order

From the camera . . .

I took advantage of the sunshine the other day, and photographed items I have to sell.  No fall craft show in sight just yet (affordable anyway).

Devotional . . .
There have been a lot of house fires in my home town.  They say it's due to space heaters most of the time.  Lots of families in need right now.  Prayers for those families.

16 comments:

Aritha Vermeulen said...

I love to see the scarf. It is such a nice one. O and I have a question: are the space heaters not safe? Houses in the Netherlands have for the most part a smoke detector on every floor in every room. I'm happy with it. It warns us when smoke, fire, carbon monoxide or other fire-related or general notification emergencies are detected.

And... did you bake anything tasty (sweet) today?

Jean said...

Oh, seeing the Elvis movie on your list reminds me I've yet to watch that yet either. Might be a good laundry folding choice. Hope you stay warm and have a wonderful week.

Julieann said...

Hi Kristina, it is so nice to come back and read some more. I enjoy your blog. I agree we must pray for people in need. I am so sorry to hear about so many house fires, that is so heartbreaking. Oh, I love gnocchi, YUMMY!!!!!
I hope your sweet treat makes you feel better, sending virtual hugs your way!!
Lovely post! Very heartfelt

xo
Julieann

Jackie See said...

I read your blog post each time you post. We have a lot in common, trying our best to take care of our families and grown and cook healthy. Our budget is not stretching this year due to food prices going up each week. I am starting to remember some of the short cuts that my grandma use to do daily. One was that she kept a plastic canister in the freezer. After each meal any leftovers veggies went into that container. At the end of the month she made vegetable soup out of that container. I can even remember washing bread wrapper bags, and aluminum foil. These days are coming again, I think.

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I am with you I find we use less grocery now it's just hubby and I. I love that you filled your empty boxes with yarn it's craft supplies here.

Jodi said...

Look at those marked off to do list items! Go you! Cute scarf! Praying for those families! Have a great week!

Luludou said...

Good job getting things out of the house. Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Arieth, I did not have time to bake, but will be today ha ha! I guess it depends on the type of space heater you use. There were several apartment fires as well, and they stated it was space heaters.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Jean, it is cold here right now.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Julieann, I am so glad you enjoy my blog. Baking may be happening today yet.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie See, yes, prices are horrible right now. I try to save things to make broth, like the stalks on parsley etc.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, thanks, have a great week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lisa, it is nice to be just us two, especially with high costs. Some days our kids will show up for a meal too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Jodi

Monique G. said...

The chicken/gnocchi soup sounds good. I'll have to find a recipe online for it. I need to take pictures of items I need to sell. I've been looking for a few craft shows in my area too.
I love the scarf. Hope you have a wonderful week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Monique G, there are several versions online for the soup. It's a copy cat recipe for the one cold at Olive Garden.