Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, October 8, 2022

Last Chance for the Herb Garden ~ Weather and other ramblings

Our weather is now in it's persnickety season, where you put on a thick sweatshirt in the morning, and a t-shirt in the afternoons.  You all know me, and I'm a die hard put-it-on-the-clothesline woman.  Some days are great for drying, and others take much more time.

We got some rain, which is great for my fall garlic, but keeps me from weeding flower beds.




Our weather dropped down to 31°F last night, so I spent the day putting up more green onion and chives.  I also cut all the zinnia heads and brought them in, as well as flowers that were about to bloom.  

We also canceled camping and winterized the camper.


Daughter E is getting bookings, but has had to drop some prices to do that, so I hope she is still earning enough to set sail with her being her own boss.  She asked me to bring in some ear warmer headbands to sell at her chair.

I've been working on some headbands in fall colors.  It's been a while since I pulled the pattern out too.  

No comments: