Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Self Care Day ~ Donation Drop Off Day

I finally got up to the "Big City" and got a hair cut and hair treatment.  Next self care day may be a manicure.  Just depends on outdoor work progress.  

I also filled the cab of the truck with boxes, which were donated to a re-sale store that helps area businesses, and is run by a church.  The crafting supplies I don't use anymore were donated to a business that helps patients with recovery of addiction/mental health issues.  I also donated them an adult Halloween costume.  They were asking for them and I had (of course I did, ha ha!) a prairie woman dress with apron and bonnet).

Another friend is stopping by to pick up two camping meal cookbooks I don't use anymore.  Feels great to get the house cleaned out, but we still have a few things to deal with in the living room.

I have another stack to deliver soon too.  One pile is hand crocheted lap afghans and a wind chime, that will be donated to a home where my husband's sister lived for years (assisted living).  The other is a stack of serving trays to another family member on my husband's side.


My hand crocheted hair clips are nicely displayed and sold at the hair station at the salon where Daughter E works.  The display was only around $14.00 too.  I forgot to take a photo of it to show you all.  I'll be selling ear warmers there as well.  I just need to take inventory on colors I have made.

I found a future fall craft show, and they said they would be "in touch" but no one has contacted me.  It may be a year of no craft show sadly.

2 comments:

Faith said...

It is so good to de clutter, it just makes you feel better doesn't? Like you can take a deeper breath and you have more space. Your hair clip is really cute, hope your sales do really well there. I'm just working on some small pumpkins for now, I have stash yarn. Do you design your own things Kristina?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith, sometimes I do, but for the hair clips I just used patterns I found online, and adjusted hook size and reduced yarn to thread.