Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, September 4, 2020

Mental Health Day

Yesterday I took a much needed mental health day.  My 21 year old and I went on an adventure visiting two towns and local shopping.  I did some antique shopping too.



We went to Wal-mart so she could pick out yarn for a Christmas present she asked me to make.  I went to the canning section just to see (but knew well it's be empty).


This smells amazing!


Although I didn't find may towels, I found a few tablecloths to use and even a Christmas one.

Today I have another date with tomatoes, which I am happy about.  The cucumber plants and squash plants are starting to die off and the yellow squash either didn't produce or gave us only a few sadly.

6 comments:

Lady Locust said...

Wow! Am impressed by your tablecloth finds. And a rooster mug or creamer? It looks perfect with them 🐔

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lady Locust the rooster is a creamer and pottery made in Italy. Love it!

R's Rue said...

How fun.

Angela said...

The Walmart around here is the same story, no canning stuff and I checked with several other stores around here and they don't have anything either. You got some lovely towels!! Sounds like a great book.

Unknown said...

I’m glad you had some time out. I need an afternoon out in the worst way.

mamasmercantile said...

Love the tablecloth finds, so very pretty.