Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Rain

 We got rain as predicted and I was happy.  I hopefully will have an easier time doing some digging in the garden.  I doubt I'll have much, but it must be done.


Yesterday's dinner was beef stew.  I whipped up some homemade biscuits too.


I still don't have a vehicle, and everyone working here is working long hours.  I had no milk.  I had to make these using powdered milk.  They were still good.

As for a vehicle, my car is supposed to get towed this week or next to get the new engine.  Cross you fingers.  It's been so long since I had the freedom to go out when I want or need to.  Living in the country I have no options but to rely on others as well.

I am back to my to-do list, but first I'll see if we got any good sized beets out there.  Then I'll make up a list of what I need and send it out to everyone with a vehicle in this house.  Just maybe, just maybe someone can bring it home for me.

I hope all is well with everyone.  With the garden slowing down, and my days not so long, it feels strange so I'm trying to allow myself to have handiwork time without guilt.

2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

So sorry to read you have no car, it must be difficult. Hopefully you will get your shopping done. We are blessed although we live on a remote Island and out in the country we have a little village shop which is so handy. The beef stew and biscuits look so tasty. Hope you manage to get some of your craft work done and enjoy the process. Take care.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamamercantile, yeah, not having a vehicle due to the engine and the guy we need to do it is busy with someone else's engine repair. I'm trying to be patient.