Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, September 21, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday

 Woke up Saturday to 42° (feels like 39°F).  I knew it was coming, but man I was not ready.  I do know that it's just for a short time though.  It'll warm up again.  However, we canceled the one and only last camping trip we had booked.  Way to cold to be camping in a pop up (even with a few small heaters in there).


Instead we went on 2 motorcycle rides.  I gifted a hand crocheted blanket to our friend's daughter who had a baby shower over the weekend.  


Keeping my to-do list here to stay on top of things today:

-can hot pepper jelly

-dinner in the crocky (turkey meatballs, chili sauce)

-label more canned jars and put in pantry

-write up grocery list

-laundry

-refill paprika

-vacuum

-check emails

-get a crochet set up for sale

-there's more but can't think of it until I walk by it or remember



This is probably the most boring homemaker post you'll see.  Just a lot going on here emotionally and physically.



Today I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.



The weather . . .

73°F/43°F


How I am feeling . . .

Tired.


On my mind . . .

My youngest daughter.


On the breakfast plate . . .

Coffee.


On my reading pile . . .

Nothing.


On my TV . . .

Heart of Dixie


On the menu this week . . .

Have no idea.


From the camera . . .

I got nothing.  Sadly.


Looking around the house . . .

I still have tomatoes in my kitchen. 


New recipe I tried last week . . .



We tried a new baked green bell pepper "fry" recipe and it was delicious.  


To relax I will . . .

Crochet


Something I want to share . . .

Nothing.


On my prayer list . . .

Our youngest daughter, for this Covid to go away so life can resume to normal.

10 comments:

Lady Locust said...

🙏

mamasmercantile said...

Hope all is well you seemed a little low today. It seems like more restrictions are heading our way so like you I a praying that Covid will soon become a thing of the past.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Lady Locust and mamasmercantile

Smily-Света said...

Nice seeing when somebody on the other end of the planet do the same canning as you :)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Smily

Jean said...

Hope things improve for you soon and you are able to relax and enjoy your week.

Luludou said...

Sending you lots of hugs and hope things feel better soon.
Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Jean and Luludou

threesidesofcrazy said...

Running super late this week - hope you're feeling better and have a GREAT weekend.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks everyone