Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Unsupervised

I couldn't take it any longer.  I was left alone, so I washed dishes (twice), emptied and reloaded the dishwasher and did a few loads of laundry.  Hubby has been busy helping our daughter with funeral arrangements and our youngest is grieving.  I had to do something.  Every dish in the house was dirty.

There is a lot of things I still can't do, but I at least put a dent in the mess here.  By the time Hubby gets home, he's mentally exhausted and doesn't want to do a thing, so I had to do it or it wasn't getting done.

I'll admit, I'm not eating as healthy as I should because I can't do the cooking involved, which is also driving me mad.


Also, my refrigerator is contaminated with leftover take out.  Gah!  It is about to explode from lack of attention too.

My fresh spinach went bad.  Double Gah!  I need a trip to the store for fresh greens so I can make some fruit/green smoothies for my lunch and breakfast.  We are totally out of eggs, the chickens apparently went on strike (I think they miss me), and I'm left with toast for breakfast again.

Things could be worse though.  Hubby took the Harley out when he left to help our daughter and arrangements.  On his way home, he had to detour and took a country one lane road.  A semi going full speed in the opposite direction, came an inch or two from hitting him head on.  Not something the wifey wants to hear at the end of the day either.

On a good note, I have a helper today with Romeo.  I hope to have her water my peppers, grow bags and medicinal weeds as well.  I'm just glad for the company too. 

I guess I'm heading to the freezer and pantry to see what I can whip up for dinner tonight.  I cannot.  I repeat cannot eat another grilled burger nor eat take out.  Wish me luck.  There has to be something here to create a healthy meal for once.  It's too hot here for soup, so that's out.  We are up to the 90's here again.

4 comments:

Luludou said...

Hope you found Something to eat! Please do not overtax yourself, but I do understand your need to move.

Dianna said...

It sounds like you've had some hard days. I'm always so glad for work to do when there is a lot weighing on my mind.

mamasmercantile said...

Just catching up, I am so sorry for your loss. Take care.

Carol said...

Sounds as though you are keeping yourself as active as possible. Just please be aware of how you feel and don't overdo it.