Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, September 27, 2019

Friday One Liners

Cloudy sunrise, but pretty.



Pure happiness, and first jalapenos to go in the freezer.

Harvest of our green bell peppers is small and peppers are small, but I'm just happy to have some to freeze for winter meals.


Started two jars of mullein tincture.


Started one jar of sage tincture.

6 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kristina wow you are amazing with all the preserving you do from your garden can't beat homegrown and homemade,well done my friend xx

Mama Pea said...

All worthwhile endeavors! Sometimes we take what we can get and appreciate it, as I know you do.

I left several sweet green peppers on my bushes hoping they would turn red for me (supposedly more nutritional value when they turn red) but they are all molding. :o( What's with that??

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama pea, I had a few peppers turning red, but like you, they go bad too fast, so I pick them half red lol. Yes, we are thrilled to get any bell peppers this year, as last year we got zero if I remember correctly.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Sheryl

mamasmercantile said...

A joy to see that you were able to harvest and preserve for the coming season.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile