Skip to main content

It's only Saturday and...

I got a call about 11am-ish Friday morning, and when I couldn't understand our 20 year-old, I calmly asked if there was a policeman there.  She put him on the phone.

An hour later I was with her in the ER at the hospital.  I drove despite pain in my ankle, because she had no one else to be with her and get her home.

Her car was totaled, but she came out with bruises and a small cut. Thank God she had nothing broken.  Thankfully, I calmed her down, got her to even laugh, and got some knitting done while we waited for x-rays and other tests.

I got her home, then myself home, and foot was back up.

We got a call this morning at 6:30am.  Our daughter (my step-daughter) was at another hospital with our youngest grandson.  

He had passed away. I feel like I'm in a bad dream.  Our hearts ache right now. I have yet to tell our youngest, who is very very close to our young grandson.

Hubby is on his way to that hospital (doctors are looking for the cause of his death), as my foot cannot handle the walking and I do not have a walker, wheel chair or even cane right now.

The family could really use some prayers.  

Comments

knittingaddict said…
I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for your family. Sandy
Robin said…
Prayers of comfort for all at this sad time. May God heal your pain.
hart said…
I am so sorry, there is nothing else to say.
Mama Pea said…
Sending my sincerest sympathies to you and your family. What a terrible tragedy.
Leanna said…
I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandson. I will light candles in his honor and say prayers for him and your family at this bad time.
Lisa B said…
Oh no Kristina I am so sorry for your loss.
Vicki said…
I am so very sorry. Prayer ongoing.
Mother Em said…
Oh, my goodness. I hate to hear what's been hitting your family today. Prayers and blessings for the whole family as you go through this difficult situation.
Sandra said…
Oh Kristina, my heart aches for you :( I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Praying for you all through this difficult time. *hugs*
Luludou said…
Horrible tragedy :( (hugs to you and your family)
How heartbreaking... my deepest sympathies.
So sorry about your daughter's accident, but how good that she was able to walk away with just minor injuries.
Hopefully you get to feel better soon from your ankle, and that everyone experiencing challenging times in your family may be able to find some peace of mind and inner calm. -Philippians 4:7.
Goatldi said…
My sympathy on your families loss. Prayers up.
RB said…
Oh Lord, I am so sorry, and am sending mighty prayers of comfort to heaven for you all.
God bless you.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

New Recipe Tried and other Bits

  I tried a new granola recipe and boy it's good.  First, it's a recipe from Mennonite Girls and Cook, and called "Backpack Snacks" online.  It calls for granola, so I used my homemade granola that we love.  Picture is the dry ingredients. Second, I pressed the final mixture into a 9 x 9, parchment lined baking dish instead of rolling it into balls.  The color of these photos are all different, because of the time of day, and how dark the house was from the thick Canadian smoke that was still outside at the time. These cut very nicely, and were very good, straight from the refrigerator.  It was hard to eat just one of them.  I will be making this again, and switching out the peanuts with walnuts, and switching out the raisins with dates.  Oh my!  The binder is honey and peanut butter. These are perfect for your hiking days, camping, your grandkids, or just for snacks when you want one. The rain arrived thank goodness, and washed the smoke in...