Skip to main content

Applesauce Banana Muffins

If you are wondering what I'm going to use my home canned applesauce for, here is one recipe I make with it.


Applesauce Banana Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup whole wheat, and 1 cup white)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. organic cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 organic eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract (made without high fructose corn syrup)
1 cup unsweetened, organic applesauce
3/4 cup mashed banana (approx. 2 ripe bananas)
3 Tbsp. olive oil, organic

Preheat oven to 400°F.  Spray muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray, or line with muffin baking cups.

In a large bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar together.  Add the eggs, vanilla and applesauce.  Beat well.  Add the bananas and oil.  Stir until moistened.

Pour batter into prepared tins.

Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool on rack until served.

Yield:  14-18 muffins (depending on size of bananas used, and if not measured)  

Note:  I used parchment paper for a few muffins, when I ran out of liners.  The muffins did not stick one bit.  They do stick to the liners.  I will be cutting some liners from parchment paper for muffins like these (that tend to stick).  


I have also made a recipe from Allrecipes for a Banana Bread with applesauce.  I used one reviewers suggestion, and used less sugar, and used chocolate chips.  Yum!   


Comments

Candy C. said…
Good idea using the parchment paper and it makes it look like those fancy muffins from the bakery! :)
I use a lot of my applesauce for the Applesauce BBQ Sauce recipe that you shared last year.
Unknown said…
I mad esomething like that recently when I didn't have enough banana for b.bread. I just used some applesauce!
I so love muffins and these look so good!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart