The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with. I made a salad and cleaned the beans. The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so. The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract. It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling. I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time. Update soon. Chit Chat © August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart
Inklings from the Farmhouse, embracing balance and new beginnings.
Comments
I count myself fortunate that I don't have any breast cancer in my family.
We've not had any incidence of this in our family...a blessing I know. But at the same time we need to be reminded of others...this cancer has touched.
That is a wonderful photo of you! I don't think I've ever seen your picture before! ...Pat