Skip to main content

Pen Collection

It's a news alert!  This post has nothing to do with being frugal, stocking up, self-sufficiency, or anything garden related.  Shocking news huh?

I have a few collections, and have been coming across strays while cleaning this fall.  This is one of my many pens.  It has buttons on the back to control the hands, moving them out and back again.  I bought this one many years ago, because I love to box, and hubby taught me how.

I love to write, and have a habit of collecting unusual pens.  I do use them too.  I just have to be careful and not buy more than I can use.

.....guess I better get back to writing. 


Comments

Kristina!
how funny! I love this pen. I used to have such a thing for office supplies. When I'd be shopping at WM and I wanted just a little something for myself; I'd go down that isle and usually purchase something small. The favorite...Pens!
I also used to buy quirky pens for my Sunday School students to use and have them on the table in my classroom.

This one would have been a 'hit'!
reminds me of ROCK 'EM SOCK 'EM ROBOTS...you remember that toy? My brother got that game for Christmas when we were kids!

this post made me smile, thanks! Pat
Pat, you made me crack up laughing when you mentioned Rock'em sock'em robots! Ha ha ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart