Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I got my bucket "filled"


My 9 year-old daughter reused a plastic container.  She surprised me with a “bucket” and “happy” fillers for me.  Inside, are new pencils, pens, erasers, gum, and more.  She also included a note to tell me she loved me.

Have you filled a “bucket” for someone today?  Thank someone, surprise someone, make someone feel special and appreciated today.


It's funny, because I often tell  my kids to stop dipping their spoons into my happy vat (space around me), to encourage them to stay positive throughout the day.  If the are being negative, I often express this, to remind them their words and actions can suck the happiness out of someone's day.   

I'm tickled to receive my "bucket" of happiness.  I will have to use my pens and pencils to write today.

No comments: