Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Finishing the Unfinished


This week, my master bedroom is on the flylady’s schedule to clean.  I spent as much time in there as I could, but with 2 sick children, it slowed down by noon.

My bedroom is where my mother’s old sewing machine is, and there are unfinished projects screaming at me to finish them.  I did succeed in finishing this pillow.


The front of the pillow was sent to me by a friend, who surprised me with a package of fun mail.  The pillow insert was given to me by my sister-in-law, and the backing material was in my craft supplies.  It’s funny how this project all came together.  The backing fabric has been in my supplies since 1998, when I sewed my first pair of kitchen curtains. 

No comments: