Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, March 19, 2010

Dogs Snoozing

I was going through photos on the computer and located this one.  I'll never forgot this moment.  All three dogs were snoozing together, and no the kids did not put them like this for the sake of a picture.   The kids were watching television and the dogs wanted on the couch too.  They only had a portion to share, so they did indeed share it.  This is truly a picture that shows how well the pets get along with each other.

This morning I had to clean up a spilled plant.  The two newest cats were chasing each other around at 6:00am.  They were zipping here and there and having a blast.  Of course, now that I am up and have cleaned it up, they are snoozing and worn out.

Well, that's okay.  I can exercise and get busy writing early today.  As long as my cough stays away and my nose clears up so I can breath.  The kids brought more germs home again.

As for adding "Mazda" to our small homestead, he's been a delight.  I love to watch him woo the hens and I love to listen to him.  This journey of having a small farm has not been a "bucket list" item, but more so of living our life as we wish.  I'm not sure I am ready for goats this year, but raising chickens and turkeys for meat is definitely on the list.  Growing our own garden and herbs has been a wonderful experience despite the hard work.

No comments: