Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, March 29, 2010

"Mom! I wrote a book!"

While resting on my bed most of the weekend, our eight year-old found a way to keep herself occupied.  With a bad cold, a bottle of Vick's Vap-o-rub, a box of Kleenex, and a book, I took advantage of the restful Sunday to regain my health.

Even though rest was not all undisturbed, including an 80 pound dog sitting on my chest pushing her bone up to my face with her tail wagging enough to shake the bed (literally touching my nose) while trying to wake up up, some of the time was peaceful.  By Sunday evening, our eight year-old daughter had taken a small spiral notebook and had written a book.  She even included dialogue and used quotation marks and had her ten year-old sister illustrate it.

Every other page she wrote, prompted her to visit me by reading me her "book." 

Now if I could just get her motivation to motivate me...

No comments: