Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Soap making day ~ A husband funny

I was a bit under the weather yesterday, so I placed the grater and the bar of Fels-Naptha soap on the table.  I told the kids that who ever felt like grating a bit, to go ahead.  It's a hard bar of soap.  The grater was placed onto a plate and each child made an effort to grate the soap for me.  As dinner approached, which was a crock pot dish, the grated soap remained on the table.

My husband sat down at the end of the table where the soap, grater, plate and pot were still sitting.  One daughter had finished the grating, leaving a tiny square of soap.  During dinner I hear my husband say "Oh yuck! That's soap!"

We all busted out in laughter as he reached for something to drink.

"It looks like cheese sitting there," he said.

"Don't you smell the soap?" we all asked in unison, laughing and laughing.

No comments: