Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Quality Measuring Kitchen Tools

 

I tossed out my plastic Tupperware sets, as the dogs got ahold of some and chewed on them (when the kids lived here).  I then purchased some from the Amish Kitchen store I believe.  The quality is terrible.  I cannot scoop to measure without bending the handle.  I have another sturdier set, but it drives me nuts, that I don't have all the measuring cups I had with my Tupperware set, and I can use several of these tools in one day.

I like to have all the sizes, such as 2/3 and 3/4 measuring cups.  I have a set of measuring spoons that include 3/4th as well, which I do like.  Lehman's is my go-to place for good quality to last a lifetime.  However, they want $46.99 for the measuring cups.

I see that OXO brand has a set, but does not have the 2/3 or 3/4 measure cup.  Anyone have a nice sturdy set with all the measures, but not that expensive?  I saw a few sets on Amazon, but the reviews on some say the measurements for the tools are not accurate.

I want 1/8th, 1/4th, 1/2, 1/3, 2/3, 3/4 and 1 cup.  Not too much to ask for huh?  Ha ha!  


4 comments:

Jackie See said...

Kristina, I agree! I bought the Pioneer woman set with matching measuring cups and they are terrible. They look real pretty but plan on getting wet when I pour from one. I have a 20 year old metal restaurant style set that has them all and I hope they never wear out.
It is blistering hot and most of our garden is struggling. Tomatoes are getting smaller and so are the cucumbers. Thehubs spends all day moving the hose from tree to tree. I am on light duty so no hard work for me for a while.
I thought of you yesterday when I cleaned and purged my bathroom! Then I looked at our closet and thought no, not today, there is a LOT of STUFF in there that I dread making that decision of keep or go...
Well, keep on keeping on! ~jackiesee~

Leigh said...

I agree with you about the flimsy quality of some of the newer measuring cups. It's terribly annoying. But $46.99 for a set of them? I always thought Lehman's was high, but that seems over the top. My top, anyway!

I would like 2/3 and 3/4 measuring cups too, but I've never seen them anywhere. Let us know when you find them!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie, funny you mentioned purging. I went to get my large roasting pan to cool corn in after blanching it. Guess what? I got rid of it. Sigh. I found more pans to use though. I will have to check for restaurant quality measuring cups. Thanks.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Leigh, I had all those measures in my Tupperware set, and really miss having them. I just can't believe the cost for the set at Lehmans. I will update if I find a different set, but shipping with restaurant quality products is expensive too.