Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, June 15, 2018

Finding Dimes

My post today isn't about homestead news, tea making, weed harvesting, oil infusing or the like, but it is interesting.

Lately, I've been finding dimes in various places, and it has been random.   I found one walking into a gas station at the beginning of a motorcycle ride, to buy a water.  As I walked in I looked down and saw it, but saw a young boy about to walk out, so I left it for him.


I found another on the bathroom at Bike Week, and eww I left that one on the floor.

I've found them in many other places, and the last one was in the bottom of a tote of baby clothes.  I decided that it had happened often enough, that I'd take this recent dime and put it in my antique dime holder key chain.




Planting didn't happen as planned yesterday.  It was so wet.....


...boots sank to the tops and if I had not had the bean fencing to hold onto, my boots would still be in the popcorn patch, and I'd have one heck of a mess on my feet getting out.  Only one row went in, and I'm hoping to get the rest in today.  We'll see.






No comments: