Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, November 13, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday

I'm joining in on the fun with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom (I will link it as soon as she posts today).  Boy, as my kids get older, I realize I have been home with them for about 20 years now.  Time has flown by way too fast.  I need to learn to slow down more, and enjoy life before the last ones leave the nest.  


On the breakfast plate. . .
 Smoked sausage and egg burrito topped with cowboy candy (gotta get my hot peppers in), coffee 


Right now I am  . . .

Writing out my pattern I made up for Daughter's special request.  She asked me to crochet her a double wrap infinity scarf.  I finished it, and gave it to her.  She is very happy with it.

I used a new stitch and it whipped up pretty fast, considering all the chores I had over the weekend.  I'm considering selling patterns I create on Etsy or Ravelry.  I need to read up on what's involved first.

I am also moving "pressure canner" to the top of my wish list.  It's definitely needed.



The weather outside. . .
  Wet and cold.  It rained yesterday.  In fact, it started raining as we walked out to cut wood, so no wood was cut.  It is however even warmer than yesterday.  It's a nice 37°degrees this morning. So, not too cold.



Looking around the house . . .
I need to clean off a kitchen table, but otherwise it stayed pretty clean.  We need to finish decorating the main Christmas tree.


On today's to-do list . . .for the week
-exercise 
-wash down more wood work (girls helped with some)
-clean master bathroom
-clean up the kitchen 
-put soup in the crock pot
-bake pear pie
-make homemade whiskey butterscotch sauce
-make homemade yogurt
-work on barn wood as weather allows
-figure out the meals for the week
-clean two ceiling fans
-laundry washed and on the clothesline
-write
-water houseplants
-take trash out
-drain a jar of homemade vanilla extract


Currently reading . . .
  I haven't been reading anything, but I have books in at the library.  I hope Hubby doesn't forget to pick them up for me.  


On the TV today. . .
 Christmas DVD's from the library after Hubby and I retire for the night.


On the menu this week. . .
-bean burritos, topped with veggies
-sweet potato and cauliflower soup
-tomato sauce with pasta and meatballs, veggie
-fish (have to check my stash), beets
-homemade pizzas


If I have a few minutes to myself I will. . .
 Read through a magazine or two, maybe even open the novel I have been reading.  Work on bazaar items. One thing for sure - take a long soak in the tub, with salts and tea tree oil.  Looking forward to starting the week off with pampering myself a bit.


New recipe I want to try or tried . . .
  A new pear pie recipe.  I have ripe pears now.



Favorite photo from the camera. . .


The last warmer sunrise on the porch.  The furniture has since been put away for winter. This photo brings back a recent (good) memory.


Devotionals, Scripture, Key Verses, Quotes. . .

Image result for quote about being amazing

10 comments:

Shellie Almond said...

Your scarf is beautiful! I understand about slowing down and enjoying the moments before the last one leaves the nest! My youngest graduates this year! Its hard to believe! That in a few short years they will have lives outside of our home!Thank you for sharing, hope you have a blessed week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Shellie, thank you. I am hoping I have some time to crochet a few more of those scarves. Thanks for stopping in and have a blessed week as well.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I LOVE that scarf and the colors are perfect!! I also LOVE your inspiration for today! Sounds like a BUSY week - hope it's great!

Rebecca Knox said...

What a beautiful scarf! Love the colors! Yes, pressure canners are nice and come in quite handy at times. I haven't used mine in a couple of years, but, when I need it, I'm glad I've got it. Have a blessed week ahead! <3

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Tamy!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rebecca, thanks. As for the pressure canner, I'd love to can soups.

Jean said...

What a beautiful scarf! We're not allowed to decorate for Christmas in this house until after Thanksgiving ;) Beautiful photo. Hope you have a great week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Jean! Around this place, it takes a month to put up a tree, ha ha!

RB said...

Beautiful scarf. Beautiful colors.
Ok, now I KNOW I need my eyes checked. I thought you were looking for a recipe for a "bear pie" which caused me to pause for thought. So I went back to read it again and saw it said, "Pear Pie" and I'm thinking there's a big difference between the two. LOL
Prayers everyone has a great week, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, I made a gingersnap pear pie and it was very good!