Skip to main content

Put up a Tree and Cleaning Starts

The garden is too wet, and now frozen.  I think if I even get the last tomato stakes out, I'll be happy. 

I woke up to a chilly 21°F this morning.

Yesterday, after a few chores, I went to drag out Christmas tree #4.  The day ended up with an all day date with this:

First, I noticed the study chair was needing a good cleaning (on my way to open cubbie to get the tree), so I thought I'd get two things done - the chair, then my dresser top, to where the ceramic tree would go.

I flipped the chair upside down and saw spider webs (Yikes!) so off I went to find the vacuum cleaner.  I ended up cleaning the entire desk, cubbie door, chair and my dresser top.  I then proceeded to pull drawers out and wipe them down and the inside of the dresser, which led me to more cleaning, and on and on it went.

However, Christmas tree #4 was put in place.  Whew!  I had to text Hubby that I needed another pair of rubber gloves.  I need them for today's continued wood work cleaning.

While all that was going on, I almost forgot I had bread rising.


Yikes.  Not the best load, but a loaf. The photo makes it look good, but it's lopsided, ha ha!  I really need to find a good whole wheat bread recipe. 

Another yikes - almost forgot to take the dogs out.  "Grad" daughter is home most mornings and she had an 8 hour work day.

Dusting was done, carpets swept, my dresser cleaned off.  Another spider trap is in place.  

Do you ever have to spend a day putting away the "didn't put it aways?"  You know, those items you just put down and tell yourself you'll put it away another time?  I have been diligent in keeping those areas clean, so it only took a few minutes to clean that up. 

If I had a plan for yesterday, it would have failed for sure, but I got much of my deep cleaning done.  I have more to clean.  Much more.  I'm making a list for the girls now. 

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
I made bread dough the other day and it was like soup...I used a recipe I had tried before that didin't work out but forgot to throw it away. Today I will make the one that works! I am cleaning too and if I didn't have piles of stuff and papers to go through I could probably get lots more done lots faster but it is what it is. I must admit I am making permanent progress in many areas so that's a good thing. Your ceramic tree is just like mine. They were and probably still are very popular and I put mine in the window each year. I hope you get all your chores done so you can sit a relax a bit! Stay warm!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart