Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, March 3, 2017

Dust Bunnies ~ Peanut Butter Cookies

My 17 year-old laughed as I sat at the computer and whined - nothing to blog about today.  Who wants to hear about my day of painting (which continues today)?

Ha!

I also spent yesterday with the dust bunnies.  Lots of them.  If you don't think you have too many books, just move a bookshelf.  Well, the bookshelf is not moved just yet, but the books are all off and dusted.  

I found more books to donate to the "donation station" in my progress.  I was so happy to get that job done, but now boxes and a laundry basket fill my living room floor with dog temptations (books).  I must move quickly and move the shelf and re-shelf the books I am keeping.  Either way, I was thrilled to get this far, on this job.


So thrilled, I made celebratory cookies.

I haven't made these in many years.  Organic peanut butter isn't cheap, nor organic butter.  I used my small cookie scoop to make these last longer, but the family is gobbling them up.

King rested his head over the couch while I baked, knowing that he's not allowed in the kitchen when there is food.  He almost fell asleep in that position.  His paw was over the top too, just waiting for me to exit the kitchen.

Dinner was super easy.   I pulled pre-made stuffed peppers (thank you for the recipe and inspiration Mama Pea) from the freezer, along with a large bag of frozen, sliced carrots.  Oh, and a small bag of diced frozen green peppers (found one tiny last bag).  We enjoyed stuffed peppers and zippy carrots, using my home canned ketchup.  If felt sort of nice to have it so easy, that I forgot to even plan tonight's dinner.  I guess it's home canned tomato soup and sandwiches.  The weather will dip to a low of 20°F tonight.  It's a good night for a warm bowl of soup. 

By the way, when I don't have green peppers for making zippy carrots, I've used chives and/or green onions too. 

The hennies are on strike this week.  Eggs are in low supply.  It's cold, so I blame the cold.     

2 comments:

Rain said...

Your zippy carrots look so tasty! I feel kind of that way when we eat a freezer meal...like I got it easy lol...but remember the work that went into preparing before! Oh I want to hear about your painting! Like I said to Mama Pea, I think every blogger's life is interesting, even if the blogger feels it's boring! As Biography channel used to say "Every life tells a story", it's true! Your cookies look so good! I use a fork to make those designs in my peanut butter cookies too, but I make them rarely because I hate the store-bought peanut butter. I try to make my own with almonds because my bf is allergic to peanuts. But that too can be pricey! King is SO CUTE..."give me cookies" lol...btw, I posted the apricot glaze recipe on my meatball post! :)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Rain. I'll be looking at that recipe.