Skip to main content

Parsley Pea Pesto

I made the mistake of turning on my TV in the middle of the day about a week ago.  I am addicted to watching "The Chew."  Sigh.  I cannot, cannot do this....I thought I would just take my tea break a wee bit early.  Pretty soon my breaks will be on the porch with nature and no electronics.


Anyway, I turned it on and immediately had to make the pea pesto and pasta dish they made.


I had one box of Einkorn whole wheat pasta I wanted to taste, so that was my choice of pasta for this dish.

Honestly, I didn't measure.  Once you get the hang of pesto, you may not either.  


What a brilliant idea.  So good too.  Parsley from the garden, garlic from the garden, peas from the garden (if I can ever get enough to freeze), etc.  

Delicious! 

My motto this year, in addition to our family motto on my blog.  

 

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
I may have to try pesto again. I made it once and wasn't impressed but then maybe it was the person making it? LOL! My son loves The Chew also but I think you could go to their website and still get the recipes and probably watch episodes at night.
Rain said…
That's a wonderful motto! :) I'm trying to live by that motto too. I've never seen The Chew, do I dare or will I get addicted too??? I don't have a tv, but we do watch shows online, maybe I'll look for it. When I had tv and cable, I was addicted to the Food Network...I can't wait for porch season myself :)
Sam I Am, I will have to do that, ha ha! They are always up-beat, funny and they have healthy recipes.
Rain, we will soon be using only the internet. I haven't had a car to drop off the cable box yet. Daughter's car is still being worked on. The Chew is a great show for getting healthy and fun recipes.

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart