Skip to main content

Random Tidbits


Organic gum?  We gave this brand a taste test.  It's good at first, but doesn't last long. It gets hard to chew too quickly.  It's gmo free, made in the USA, all natural flavors etc.  It is a bit over $2.00 and I counted 29 pieces inside.  It's tasty, but expensive for how long it lasts.

I've been working in my herb garden, weeding and getting it ready for planting.  I uncovered my cilantro, and parsley, so no replanting needed for those.  It will take me a few more days (or more) to get it spiffed up again.

 



Jesse (oldest dog) is being spoiled beyond belief by his master.  She baked him some blueberry oatmeal dog treats using some of our frozen blueberries and a 4 oz. jar of applesauce/blueberry baby food (organic).  



He loves them.  I borrowed this photo she took of him begging for anther one.  However, she isn't sharing them with my pups.  I'll be making something for them soon.


Jackson looking at me curiously.  Why?  While I was taking the photo, Dallas was busy trying to eat my sleeve, then the camera, then my hair.  Oh the joys of these cuties.

Sorry this is a bit out of focus.  I only had a few minutes to snap a photo, and he was back on it and on his way to work yesterday.  Just in time for spring weather.  Gas prices have gone up, so this will save him quite a bit on gas as well. Hubby is one happy man.  We have tons of work, so I don't know when I'll be getting a ride yet.  I joked to the kids, "muck boots by morning, biker boots by afternoon."  The kids think their father is having a mid-life crisis.  I just think he's finally doing something for himself. 

It may be Sunday, but good weather means work.  The garden needs a few more days to dry out before we can till it.  It's very wet here yet. I'll be checking it again today.  The recent snow did not hurt anything here.  Peach blossoms are back on, lilac as well, and my asparagus looks great.

We went camping in April last year but after that the rains fell, and fell and fell. We'll see what is in store for us this year.  
 

Comments

Mama Pea said…
Omigosh! That look on Jesse's face. Priceless! What a good boy.

I'm thinking your hubby probably has a pretty great look on his face, too, zooming off to work on his new acquisition. He's works long, hard hours (and a lot of 'em, it seems) so traveling the distance he does to and from work is now made a lot more enjoyable. As you say, just in time for good riding weather!
Mama Pea, I got my first bike ride today. Now I'm worried we won't get any work done this summer, ha ha!
Dawn said…
hubby got himself his dream bike some years ago and most sundays he would be out on it, after a few years its wasnt really being used an he sold it before the move, got it out of his system now he wants a boat :-)
Dawn, I laughed at your comment, because I have a feeling that's how it will go with my Hubby. Bike then boat, ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart