Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Natural Remedy for Seasonal Allergies

I spoke to an herbalist last year about allergies.  She recommended Allergy Easer oil, and simply inhaling it.  At the time I was sick with all that yucky stuff, and told her I'd be back to buy it. 



However, I never did.  I went on-line and found it in a roll-on.  Since the inhaling of the oils is meant for ages 12 and up, I figured the roll-on would be much safer for my 10 year-old also.

After a few weeks of using it, we are thrilled with it.  Waking up coughing, throats sore and sinus drainage, we simply roll on the natural allergy remedy and soon we feel better.

I'm not posting to sell this product, but simply letting others know it exists.  For us it works.  I do plan on buying the oil also (for myself).  Then I can keep a small vile in my pocket and use it anywhere.  My 10 year-old has hi-jacked my roll-on and keeps it with her.

I'm thrilled I don't have to buy boxes and boxes of allergy medications anymore.  I'm also thrilled I don't have to put those medications in my body (or my daughter's). 

Again, I'm not a doctor, or selling this stuff, but wanted to share so others are aware it exists.

6 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Good to know. I will bookmark this for sure as we all suffer around here.

Unknown said...

Good idea! My hubby has had some bad allergies this spring, with all the severe pollen...

GrannyAnnie said...

I am so glad you did share! That looks like something I would like to try. Does it by any chance have a list of the oils that are in it? I doubt that it does, but it would be nice to know which ones were in it.

And yes, it is WONDERFUL being able to reduce the amount of chemical laden medications. I am having to take some right now, but they scare me.

Again, thanks so much for sharing this!

EMMA said...

I wonder if I could get this in France? my son suffers from seasonal allergies and as school refuse to give him medication, even homeopathic (I sometime even have to go to school a lunch time to give to him) this might be handy for him to have in his pocket.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

The ingredients read: organic aloe vera, purified water, organic golden jojoba oil, vegetable glycerin, vegetable emulsifying wax, xanthan gum, essential oils of Lavender Extra, Rosewood, Hyssop, Amni Visnaga and Moroccan Blue Chamomile, and Proplis, Grapefruit seed and olive leaf extracts.

Candy C. said...

It's always good to have natural remedies available, especially ones that work!! Thanks for telling us about this!
We use homeopathic allergy and sinus tablets and they work well for us.