Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bike Ride With the Birds

Although I did not take my camera yesterday, I was fortunate to see a hawk just yards from me.  It flew out of the field nearly causing me to crash, but stayed long enough to allow me to share the countryside with him/her.  I later saw a red-headed wood pecker when I stopped at the bridge and looked over into the creek.

I also saw another red-winged blackbird and more robins.

When I got home, I happened to look up in the trees while putting more laundry out on the line.

I saw this brightly colored bird.  I ran into the house and grabbed my camera and got one photo.

I only got the backside, but boy it was pretty.  The bright orange caught my eye. I've never seen a bird like this one.

3 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

Could it be a Baltimore Oriel? Looks like an oriel of some kind maybe but I'm no expert!

Unknown said...

Great shot, the yellow one might be a goldfinch or western tanager?

Candy C. said...

Google images for Baltimore Oriole, I think that is what it is. How fun to see all those different birds out on your bike ride! :)