Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Garden Cooking

I canned 8 pints of Easy Dill Pickles today.  I also had 3 medium sized zucchini and a bunch more cucumbers.  

We made a recipe from Mother Earth News Web site, and it was delicious.

Quinoa - Zucchini Cakes with Summer Herbs

And with a few of my larger cucumbers, I made a cold salad:

Greek Pasta Salad


The salad was okay, but lacked something.  I think I may use fresh minced garlic vs. garlic salt.  There just seemed to be something missing in the taste, but otherwise good.

No comments: