Skip to main content

Organizing and Getting Projects Finished

I am working my way through my craft supplies, and finally started a set of flour sack towels for my 9 year-old's hope chest.  I just found out that my 12 year-old wants the same ones, but with black and gray cats.   These particular ones, will have orange cats, to match her own cat, Tiger.


Tiger, as a baby.

I also crocheted a bath rug, from 3 skeins of thick macrame yarn.  I purchased them at a Goodwill many years ago,and had not done anything with them.  
This was a bit of a challenge.  This type of yarn frays and I had to knot each end, and then weave the ends in.  Either way, I made a useful bath rug, and used supplies I already had. 

More projects to finish yet.  I also taught my 9 year-old to sew a button on, and to hand sew.  Now, all she talks about, is when we are going to rent the cabin again, and sit in our "rockers and sew." Ha ha ha!  She is such a "mini-me" through and through.  Now she wants to learn to do embroidery.

Comments

Candy C. said…
Cute picture of Tiger! I am glad your daughters appreciate all you do!
Anonymous said…
So awesome you get that special time with your kids! I sure do miss those times. i LOVED teaching my daughter how to sew---she used to make all her own dresses! Now, sad to say, college life has little room for such things however I am hopeful she will teach her kids should she be blessed with them! A hope chest is also awesome! I have only one daughter and she has hers...a trunk from the 1870's mu hubby found in the trash---imagine :0)??? Well, hope you can find more days to sit and rock and sew!!!
Stephanie said…
Aawwwwww... cute cat

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart