Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pajama Day!

In my quest to keep myself from working on Sunday, I have announced to the kids that today is Pajama Day!

"Hang out all day in your pj's and do whatever you want!"

Of course there are limitations regarding the use of electronics around here.  Those are really limited anyway.

I do have the urge to write an article, what writer doesn't?  I have to restrain myself and rejuvinate for one day.  It's going to be a challenge, but as a mother of six kids, I need to do this for myself.  If I don't, what good will I be for anyone else?

The snow is not packing, so building another snowman is not going to happen today.  I woke up with my 8 year-old poking at my face.  I told her she ruined my good dream.  I was dreaming that I was ramping snow banks with a motor bike, and having a blast!

"That ain't gonna happen" laughs my husband.

We all remember what happened when I went rollerblading with the kids.  With a crushed wrist, I had to have him hold our youngest, at the time, so that I could still nurse with a broken wrist.  Well, at least I tried it and I did spend time with the kids.  And I made memories that we can laugh at now.

No comments: