Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, February 1, 2010

Sunday Family Games

I have been pretty good at keeping my writing to "work days" and keeping Sunday as Sabbath.  In my attempt to read for pleasure yesterday, I failed.  The kids begged and begged me to play a game with them.  They kept saying, "Come on Mom....you aren't like other Mom's." When I asked what they meant they replied with words such as "boring" and "not fun" and a few others.  How could I not play.

So I did.  They took all of the cards, with nouns, from a game we have called Whoonu.  They shuffled the cards, and each player took one, but could not look at it.  Then another player would tape the card to your forehead, so that everyone else could read it.  Each player was allowed to ask one question each time around, until someone guessed what their card said correctly.  It takes time to play this game, so my reading didn't happen.  Was I sorry I played with the kids instead?  Nope.  It was kind of fun actually.

No comments: