Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Tuesday Tidbits



We had another gorgeous sunrise this morning, but we'll get more heat and hopefully rain.  Most of the area got rain, but not us, so I'll need to water some things this morning.

I had good intentions on going to look at possibly adopting a 2 year dog, but talked myself out of it.  I think we need a puppy to train alongside the chickens, cats and the other puppy.

Looked around for a pool for the pup.  So far, they are sold out.  Imagine that.  It's so hot that I'm not surprised.

Reclaimed the kitchen table yesterday, and tried to put some order into the kitchen itself.  It was hot and the puppy was hating it, so he'll get a cool bathtub soak quite often this week.

My beads are starting to arrive, but my crochet thread hasn't.  It would be great if it came today.  I'll be indoors this entire week, aside from watering.

I'm on "puppy" duty today, as our youngest is interning at the salon, and has customers coming in today.  She will miss her baby for sure, so we'll see how this goes today.  I plan on doing inside cleaning, but possible flower bed weeding (unless it gets too hot).

I need to start a tincture today, but just have enough for making one.  I am trying to decide on a sage one or mullein.  We use both. 

Sort of a boring post today, but like I said the heat is sucking the life out of all of us.  Even the chickens were panting yesterday.

10 comments:

Debby Flowers said...

Puppy duty? Better you than me!

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful sunrise, hope you manage to get some jobs done.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debby, for the most part he is a very good puppy, but it's like chasing a toddler with something in his mouth but his toys, ha ha!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile.

Leanna said...

That is a beautiful sunrise. Puppies are cute and wild at heart. Good luck with that. It's quite hot here the heat index will be at 103 just like it has been for the past two days. Really, it's like walking out into a hot oven. The humidity is killer here too. I live in south-central Texas in Seguin (sah-geen like saying green without the r). That's about 35 miles east of San Antonio. Nice place but really hot and humid in the summer.

Mother Em said...

Don't know where you live, but Family Dollar, Dollar General, Ace Hardware/Home Depot/Lowes (if you have a few bucks in your pocket), generally have pools. Wish we were closer, I'd give you ours we no longer need. Good luck and tell me about the heat...Georgia is drying up and sweltering!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Leanna, our heat will continue to go up later this week. Not looking forward to it.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Mother Em, I've been calling stores and so far no luck.

Mother Em said...

Guess you'll be back online, haha!

(Just how many windows does it take to get through for a post and not a robot?)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mother Em, sorry for the robot thing, but I was getting so much spam it was ridiculous.