Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, June 21, 2019

...from the handiwork journal



Got one of these made for the kids for next Christmas.  Instead of gluing scrap fabric on it, I found some cute stickers at the dollar store.  The "how to" is found on my S.C.R.A.P. blogspot - Magnetic Clipboards with notepad and pen.



. . . getting my knitted dishcloths restocked (big seller), but really need to double this amount before fall.  All a different color, and some with discontinued yarn.



. . . got a few more Teabag Travel Totes crocheted.  They can also hold a few packets of hot cocoa or other small items.







. . . found some "scrubby" yarn on sale and made a few of thinner dish scrubbies to try.  Already delivered one to my Mom to get her opinion.  She wanted a thinner one with her arthritic hands.  These sell for about 4 for $10 on Etsy (pretty high in price for my opinion).  I guess it depends on what you pay for the yarn.  Regular price is $4.24 skein.  Higher if you buy online.  These are so much easier to make vs. cutting netting, but those will eventually get done too.




. . . finished this hand embroidered dish towel.  Just need to iron it to gift.




. . .started on some Christmas Ornaments.  I may not post the final ornament until they are gifted, so you may have to wait to see them.  I actually got 5 of them finished.



. . .started on a Christmas present - Granny Square Scarf.  I just need to get 4 black squares done next.




12 comments:

Natalia said...

Lovely items,perfect for gifts☺

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks natalia. Thanks for visiting my blog too.

Sam I Am...... said...

You've been busy! Lovely gift items! As for Etsy, you have to remember that they have to pay Etsy too. You're well on your way for Christmas! Good for you!

mamasmercantile said...

You have been busy. I love the magnetic board, I may steal that idea if you don't mind and make some for the grandchildren. Looking forward to seeing the Christmas ornament.

Faith said...

Enjoyed the post about the projects from the craft basket. Nice. I've been a slacker.

Susan said...

It's obvious that those hands are never idle. You do such lovely work, Kristina.

Rain said...

I love the colours of the dishcloths, especially the top one, looks like a Creamsicle! :) The scrubbies are such a great idea. I need to learn more about different types of yarn!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sam I Am

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, the magnetic boards are a great gift for anyone.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Faith, rainy days helped me get some done.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Susan!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Rain!