Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

A Surprise Day

I had lots to do, and was in full swing in cleaning when I got the message from Hubby.  He was getting off work early and wanted to take a short bike ride.  By bike, I mean motorcycle.


You should have seen me trying to get the cold weather ear flaps back into my helmet.  Ha ha!  They zip in, and oh boy it's been a long time, so I had a bit of difficulty.  I managed to get them in.

I was a bit concerned.  When he messaged me, there was still lots of water and ice at the end of the driveway.  The sun was out and it was 50°F by 10am.  

The cleaning and long list of jobs to do was put away for a day.  I was totally surprised.

4 comments:

Rain said...

How fun! :) I hope you had a great ride! Motorcycles won't be around here until May I think.

mamasmercantile said...

Good for you its so nice for you to have some quality time together.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, it was fun for sure. I was blessed he came home early, as it started to rain in the afternoon after we got back.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile.