Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, February 22, 2019

Friday Finish and other Tidbits



Finished 4 soap saver bags.  Two more to go.  I have another possible outlet to sell certain items, but first must get these delivered.


It was a beautiful day to finally hang laundry outside again.

Deep cleaned the bedroom dresser.  Hubby just has to purge clothing.  One more finish in the bedroom.



I had to make another frittata to finish out the week, but ran out of onions (phssst!).  I just used zucchini/potato and spiced it up with jalapeno and other flavors.  I sure miss green peppers in the freezer.

It makes me smile inside, when a kiddo comes to the homestead and immediately asks for a "tea" for a remedy that's ailing them.  They used to make fun of me, but not anymore.

It makes me smile ever more when I get a text the next day, asking for the tea because it worked so well.  

Due to running out of onions, chili has yet to be made for dinner.  While eating homemade meatballs (made with organic ingredients and oats) with homemade mushroom soup over it, on a bed of organic quinoa, and garden beets, Hubby thanked me for cooking so healthy.

Youngest is feeling more rested now that she is not in musical.  I'm glad too.

I've depleted our green onions in the freezer, but still have chives thankfully.

Today is colder.  Woke up to 28°F.  Have a nice weekend.


6 comments:

Carol said...

That frittata looks delicious. I need a tea to help with a cold.

Bits of Stitching! said...

Very cute crochet soap bags and blanket! Awhile back I made a crochet soap bag, when I was learning to crochet from a Klutz book.
Your meal menu sounds delish!

mamasmercantile said...

I was so glad to read your youngest is more rested since resigning from the musical, long may that last. Amazing what a difference an onion makes and ho they are missed when we haven't any.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, we drink a mix of freshly grated ginger mixed with mullein for a tea (for a cold).

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Bits of Stitching, I learned to knit using YouTube videos.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, right? I use onions all the time.