Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Day of Destruction ~ My Friday Finish

After unwillingly working in the garden the past few days, I realized one thing - we need a day of destruction. Boy it will feel so good after all the hell we went through (and still going through), with the garden.

I put a little ditty in Hubby's mind about it too.  The dune buggy.  I asked him to get it running, so I could have a good day of it in the garden.  Still makes me grin just thinking about doing it.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities either.


Finished my "scrap" yarn lapghan.  I have it up for sale for $45.00 now.  Whew.  One more done.  And I still have more yarn in the closet, ha ha!

12 comments:

Mama Pea said...

The dune buggy in the garden? What will you do with it in the garden? (Maybe my question is just because I haven't had any caffeine yet!)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, run the garden down, lol!

Goatldi said...

When it happens pictures please 😉

Vicki said...

Love the lapghan. Now I know what to do with the two laundry baskets full of leftover yarn. :)

mamasmercantile said...

Not sure what a dune buggy is but I am guessing it will do some damage. Beautiful lapghan.

Rain said...

Hi Kristina :) I'm sorry you're not having a good gardening season! Last year was the year I wanted to run down the container garden with a dune buggy....I know how you feel! Your lapghan is very pretty!

Unknown said...

Goatldi, photos for sure, ha ha!

Unknown said...

Thanks Vicki

Unknown said...

mamasmercantile, thank you

Unknown said...

Thanks Rain.

RB said...

I'm afraid the weather's been unkind to many this year. With nothing to put by, that's when homemakers of old put their fingers to use, either washing clothes or cleaning for working women, or doing needlework that they could sell, often for a pittance, but a pittance welcomed when a meal for family needed to be put together.
Prayers next year is better, much better.
I'm not sure what the dune buggy is about, but mind the neighbors, or they'll be complaining about you the way they once complained about the 4-wheel guy down the road. ;)
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, you made me laugh out loud about the neighbors and the dune buggy. It's not loud, but it made me laugh.