Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, June 27, 2011

Redbud Trees from Seed

Here is one of the two redbud seeds.  I see that another one has sprouted up in this container.  Other than these two larger ones, I have about 5 more that have sprouted up.  This has been a nice experience, and can't wait to see them as full size trees.


Growing trees from seeds has been on the 100 things to do list.  If you can't decide what to put on your list this summer (or for the year), here is a fun Web site with 52 projects:
The Original 52 Projects


Although my allergies have me down, I did step outside yesterday to blow bubbles with the kids.  I didn't actually have to "blow" since the wind took care of that.  It's a good thing, considering I'm having trouble breathing.

1 comment:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I have never grown a tree from a seed! How neat! My dad gave me a young redbud which is now on my property that he raised from an offspring of 40 year old tree in his yard. They are so gorgeous when they flower! ~Val