Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Random Tidbits

Daughter woke up with a sore throat, and I went to get my sage tincture, which made me realize I had some infusing and needed strained.  Got that done.


I finally made homemade chicken pot pie - amazing!  I used taste of home's recipe online (just cut the recipe in half to try one pie).  My pie crusts were from the freezer crumbles I made (King Arthur Flour recipe).

I heard daughter telling Hubby that now that she had homemade pot pie she could never eat what the school serves.  She quickly put some in a container to take for lunch today.  

We are to warm up to 54°F today, but rain.  Blah, who wants rain?  

7 comments:

Carol said...

We are to be in the 50's today too, but with rain and then a cold front bringing colder temps. Blah, my feelings as well.

My husband won't eat chicken pot pie, but that looks good.

Carol said...

Our weather is to be about the same today, but then a cold front is to move in bringing much cooler temperatures. Blah, my feeling about it as well.
That pot pie looks really good, but my husband won't eat chicken pot pie, so I won't look up the recipe.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Carol, the pie is made with milk, butter, flour and broth (all organic), and no canned soup. It was very good.

Leanna said...

Homemade is the best medicine of love.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Leanna

Cockeyed Jo said...

Sound like you need some white clover jelly.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks J.L. Murphy