Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

While we are getting things checked off the to-do list, one thing remains - chimney sweep.  They called and canceled on me.  They guy called in sick.  They later called back and rescheduled me for Saturday, so any Saturday afternoon plans are now off the books.

We got new solar lights on our driveway poles have been installed.  I also put two reflector poles near the new trees we planted, so plowing won't destroy them this winter.  I got my garden house unscrewed from the outside spigot, but still need to put it away.  Today, I'm taking down my shower curtain and liner and washing them both.



It was cloudy yesterday, but windy.  Although I am down to two clotheslines (we took the 3rd one down), I crammed it all on including bedding.

While laundry was getting washed and put on the line, I delegated some chores to Hubby and Youngest.  They now have their own to-do list, and it frees me up and less stressed.

Since Plan A didn't pan out, Plan B went into place.  I tackled the hot peppers.



I used a new recipe for the hot pepper jam.  I was a bit concerned it would not set up thick.  We did a taste test.  I put all hot peppers in, with the seeds, including habanero.  It was amazing.  Hot for once.  It wasn't as thick as I would like it, but a nice spread for cream cheese and crackers.



I decided to drop all remaining hot peppers into my food processor and dehydrate them for "fire powder."  It was much faster than slicing to dehydrate.

After doing dishes again, I called it "quits" and brewed me a gallon of home brewed iced tea, and knitted for an hour.




Comments

Thanks laurie, I did get a lot done. Here's hoping I can get more done today too.
Carol said…
What a lovely jam! I do not like hot so I know that I would not eat it, but it looks wonderful! It does sound as though you had quite a productive day. I hope to today.
Leanna said…
Wow! You're as busy as I was last week. But you have to stay ahead of the weather when winter is coming.
I found a recipe for Chinese Chili oil on Youtube. It's great stuff. I like to add it to all my Chinese and Tex-Mex cooking.
Goatldi said…
Nice full day. Bet everyone sleep well.
Pat said…
Wow you had a very goodd day, wish I could hang clothes outside, not allowed here. I still have done nothing with my peppers, maybe tonight after school is done with the grands. Have a blessed day!
Thanks Carol, we love hot peppers, and we gifted a jar back to the guy who gave me the peppers too. It is basically just good on cream cheese and crackers, but so good.
Thanks Goatldi, we are sleeping well, lol!
Thanks Pat, I love having a clothesline. Our electric is sky high. However, the company got in trouble recently, and our bills have been lower. Winter however, will be telling us how low they will be. I have to run the electric heat when the temps drop below zero.
Sam I Am...... said…
Sounds like you had a very productive and balanced day! Isn't that a great feeling? Have another one tomorrow...on me! LOL!
Thanks Sam I Am, I did have another productive day, now here's hoping for getting some outdoor stuff done.
Luludou said…
Not sure I could stomach all those hot Peppers, but they do look amazineg, and the tea and knitting finishes off the day perfectly
Thanks Luludou, you either like hot peppers or you don't. We love them, but just not too hot.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart