Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Husking Corn



A few friends have been telling me to try husking the corn this way - boil with the husks on, then remove.  Of course this isn't a good way to do it for freezing it, but eating and otherwise.  I'll be honest, I'm sticking to the old fashioned way.  There was still hair on the corn, and I could not fit as many cobs in my largest pot with the husks on.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I think that husking corn is a lot like hard-boiling eggs. There are at least 20 'best' ways to do it. I want to try grilling corn this year - it's the only thing I haven't done to corn!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, we have taken corn on the cob camping and cooked it over the campfire. We soaked them in water first and it worked great.