Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My 73 Pound Alarm Clock

It was Saturday, the one day I assumed I could sleep in, or so I thought. Ha! Suddenly a 73 pound hairy weight crept over my upper body, every so slowly. Inch by inch, making her way over me, squishing me as she moved. Very gently she laid her stretched neck over my neck and waited for one second. First, she snorted air in my face a few times, followed by thump, thump, thump, thump. The bed shook. No bark, no licks, just snort, thump, snort, thump, snort, thump.

I slowly opened one eye to see what was waking me up so early. I was staring directly into two big, and very close, brown eyes. She saw me. Thumpity, thumpity, thumpity, snort, snort, snort. I was awake. How could I not get up and let her out when she was so quiet and sneeky.

No comments: