Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What Are You Reading?

During a time where all of us were sick, and still are, I accidentally located a book my father gave me for Christmas six years ago. It was, and is, the perfect book with answers on how to cure most of our ailments.

In the book, "Joey Green's Amazing Kitchen Cures", you'll find over 1150 ways to help with health issues, using name brand products. As I flipped through it I found a chapter titled, "Sore Throat". I picked one of the cures listed and gave it a try on our 9 year old. The next day she was back in school. Although not completely gone, her sore throat was healed enough to get through the day without pain.

If you've ever had a very bad sore throat, you know how painful it can be. Even though I've read over this book many years ago, I plan to read it again. There may be other cures and preventions for the rest of us.

If you can locate a copy of this book at your local library, check it out. There might be something in it that can help you. Many chapters of the book list strange facts also.

Happy Readings!

Joey Green's Kitchen Cures, 1150 Ways to Prevent and Cure Common Ailments with Brand-Name Products, by Joey Green, ISBN: 1-57954-643-9, © 2002.

No comments: