Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Cleaning Started

No one ever said they loved to clean, especially after a long, cold winter. However, the thought of everything "fresh" brings in a new perspective regarding the process of "spring cleaning".

Even after several moves, I am finding I can live without a lot of what I have - books! For a long time I would visit every book sale in the area, and then some. We'd buy more book shelves just to accommodate them.

Then came the hardships of our economic financial crisis. Less money, less money for gas, layoffs, decline in jobs...........less everything. Extras have to be eliminated. Even some thrift stores have raised their prices to the point in which they are not even affordable.

Soon, my boxes of outgrown clothes and books I no longer want or need, were donated. Yet, a box ready to be filled awaits my decluttering and reducing. With a simple house I can wake up every day with a smile.

This week, since the wind is pretty strong, throw rugs are being washed. Even though rains may come again this month, it is nice to know they are clean and the job finished.

Next on the list is undecided, but starting in the kitchen or living room is a possibility. I can say that I will not be throwing myself into it 24 hours a day and obsessing with it, but taking it one day at a time.

No comments: