Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Laundry Day

Funny as it sounds, I used to do my laundry on a schedule so that could have a day off. With so many kids to take care of, it always felt like there was never a day off from laundry. Now that we live in a house in which the electricity is from the most expensive in the area, I plan my laundry day by the weather.

Laundry day is the day in which the sun or wind is at it's best. To avoid the dryer and over use of the washer, I rely on the outdoors to dry the clothes. Today it's raining so I get the day off.

No comments: