Skip to main content

Chicken Predator ~ Current Crochet Project ~ Prayers for Florida

 



A quick post.  My chickens would not leave their run the last few days, and now I know why.  I had a feeling something was a threat to them.  It was literally watching them, so I may need to come up with a way to net the entire coop to cover their current run.  I'm hoping it just moves on.  Between everything needing done or going on around here, we have not finished the new coop yet (and I wish we had).


I picked these balls of yarn to decide on my next go-to project (with very limited free time).  All of them were in my stash.  The color on the left may end up a winter hat/scraf for my husband, and the right was chosen to crochet a new baby blanket pattern.  My husband was shocked the white and pick were in my stash (huge on pound from Caron).  Yes they were.  I was an ambitious person when I did baby items for craft shows.


Current crochet project.  A big thank you to Betsy at Blogspot The Simple Life of a Queen.  She had shared her crocheted blankets on her blog, and graciously shared where to find the pattern.  I don't think I have any blue in my stash, but this one is turning out stunning.  Plus, my husband is happy to see me de-stash the stash.  I'm not sure yet if I will keep this one, or donate it.  I do like to have a few on hand for gifting.

A big thank you to Leigh for her post on 5 Acres and a Dream blogspot, for her Prepper Check post.  We are currently working on more prepping.  The hurricane, and everything else going on in this world, has us concerned.  If you haven't read her post, it has some very good information.  

Rebecca's Hearth and Home blogspot is doing a giveaway for a very nice planner.  Be sure to go and enter.   She has several options for your entry.

Prayers for Florida, as they prepare for another devastating hurricane.  Prayers for all of Florida and any surrounding areas.

Chicken Predator ~ Current Crochet Project ~ Prayers for Florida © October 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Rebecca Knox said…
Thanks for sharing the link to the giveaway, Kristina! I appreciate it and you've earned a second entry for sharing. Your current crochet project is lovely! Thanks for sharing the link to the prepping article. I have been putting a little of this and a little of that away for quite some time now and, if things don't fall completely apart, should be in good shape going in to winter. Joining you in prayer over all those in the path of Hurricane Milton. God bless you, Kristina! Blessings!
Those Bald Eagles are awful. Your baby afghan is a beauty!
Rebecca, you are welcome. I am still looking for a few items to prep with, but I think we are gaining on that matter.
Far Side of Fifty, most people in our parts love to see the Eagles, but not me. They will swoop up a chicken in no time. Thank you in regards to the baby blanket. I do not have a home for it yet, but I may just keep it for gifting.
Leigh said…
Smart chickens. It's amazing how they know. The baby blanket is lovely. Such a pretty pattern. Someone will be pleased with it! And thank you for the shout-out. :)
Leigh, the chickens always seem to amaze me. Even my husband thought it was strange they would not leave the coop. The Eagle is still hanging around too. It would be nice if it moved on. Thanks, the blanket is taking a bit longer to finish, but I am happy to use up stash yarn too.
Betsy said…
You are doing such a beautiful job on the baby blanket. Isn't it a fun pattern. Fairly simple to memorize but looks very intricate.
I hope that eagle keeps it's distance from the chickens, although they are beautiful, they can be nasty too.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Betsy, thank you, and thanks for sharing the pattern location. I love it, and so far, those I have showed it to, love it too. Yes, the Eagle's can stay away from my chickens.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart