Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Chicken Predator ~ Current Crochet Project ~ Prayers for Florida

 



A quick post.  My chickens would not leave their run the last few days, and now I know why.  I had a feeling something was a threat to them.  It was literally watching them, so I may need to come up with a way to net the entire coop to cover their current run.  I'm hoping it just moves on.  Between everything needing done or going on around here, we have not finished the new coop yet (and I wish we had).


I picked these balls of yarn to decide on my next go-to project (with very limited free time).  All of them were in my stash.  The color on the left may end up a winter hat/scraf for my husband, and the right was chosen to crochet a new baby blanket pattern.  My husband was shocked the white and pick were in my stash (huge on pound from Caron).  Yes they were.  I was an ambitious person when I did baby items for craft shows.


Current crochet project.  A big thank you to Betsy at Blogspot The Simple Life of a Queen.  She had shared her crocheted blankets on her blog, and graciously shared where to find the pattern.  I don't think I have any blue in my stash, but this one is turning out stunning.  Plus, my husband is happy to see me de-stash the stash.  I'm not sure yet if I will keep this one, or donate it.  I do like to have a few on hand for gifting.

A big thank you to Leigh for her post on 5 Acres and a Dream blogspot, for her Prepper Check post.  We are currently working on more prepping.  The hurricane, and everything else going on in this world, has us concerned.  If you haven't read her post, it has some very good information.  

Rebecca's Hearth and Home blogspot is doing a giveaway for a very nice planner.  Be sure to go and enter.   She has several options for your entry.

Prayers for Florida, as they prepare for another devastating hurricane.  Prayers for all of Florida and any surrounding areas.

Chicken Predator ~ Current Crochet Project ~ Prayers for Florida © October 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

No comments: